Interpreting the assessment breif and planning:
Divide it into stages:
- This gives you a clear plan of what is required to do.
- how will it help you demonstrate what you know about the issues raised in the essay question.
- Identifies the questions you want your sources to answer
- Keep a track of all your sources using Harvard System
Divide essay into stages:
- Establishes clear structure of your ideas and arguments
- Ensures arguments will be clear and consistently argued with sufficient evidence to support them
- Reduced risk of omitting important and relevant sections
Writting the essay:
- Enjoy the process
- Define the task
- Plan the assignment tasks
- Make an outline plan for your writing
- Stages in the writing process
- Grammar, spelling and punctuation
Avoid familiar problems that emerge in writing:
- Weak structure
- Insufficient evidence
- Insufficient examples to support argument
- Lack of fluency, inconsistent arguments, etc.