Sunday 5 February 2012

Analysing my work

  • Have I interpreted the implications of the question thoroughly? Have I missed anything?
  • Does the introduction analyse the implications clearly and give the reader a clear indication of the structure of my answer?
  • Have I arranged the material logically?
  • Does the essay move fluently from one section to the next, from paragraph to paragraph
  • Does each topic sentence introduce the subject of each paragraph clearly?
  • Have I developed each argument sufficiently?
  • Have I made my arguments clear, or are there difficult passages that would benefit from being rewritten?
  • Do I support each argument with sufficient evidence and examples?
  • Do all my examples and evidence really work?
  • Have I shown, rather than told, the reader wherever possible?
  • Have I answered this particular question relevantly?
  • Have I dealt with all the implications of the question that I identified in the interpretation stage?
  • Have I covered these in enough depth?
  • Have I spent too much time on less significant issues, while only dealing superficially with any of the major issues?
  • Have I presented a convincing case, which I could justify confidently in a discussion?
  • In the conclusion have I avoided introducing new ideas that haven't been dealt with in the body of the essay?
  • Have I tied my conclusion in with my introduction

No comments:

Post a Comment