in art?, objectification of women in art (the female nude),confoming to gender
roles in art and the gender differenciation bettween art and craft & how
that has effected what we veiw as 'historical masterpeices' today, abject art
(the way in which female bodily funtions are abjected by a patriarchal social
order and how this is displayed through abject art)
I have chose this to focus on because I feel like it interests me the most currently.
Ideas for my essay question:
- chose the work of two artists and contrast and compare the way in which they present feminism through their art practice.
- Compare the work of a feminist artist who portrays the female nude to an non-feminist artist who portrays the female nude.
- Compare the portrail of women in video art to the potrail of women in cinema (male gaze, ect.)
- The gender differeiention bettween art and craft and how that has effected what we veiw as historical masterpeices today (with craft seen histroicaly as womens work and art as the role of a man, there are no 'histricaly great women artists', there is no female 'version' of picasso because at the time no woman would be allowed to fill that role)
- the way in which female bodily funtions are abjected by a patriarchal social
order and how this is displayed through abject art
- Is masculinism ever portraid in art? (masulinism as in anti-feminism (female nude/male gaze) or masulinism as in fighting for mens rights (usualy on subjects relating to children/custody).